The Global Fund Advocates Network (GFAN) International Steering Committee (ISC) is pleased to announce that it held its inaugural meeting today. After an open call among GFAN’s membership for applications, the new ISC members were chosen by a selection committee to reflect the global nature of GFAN’s work. The GFAN ISC replaces the Steering Committee that had represented GFAN’s members since 2012. The new ISC has 11 members and one ex officio member.
The full membership of the new GFAN International Steering Committee is as follows:
- Solange Baptiste (International Treatment Preparedness Coalition – ITPC)
- Joanne Carter (Results)
- Palesa Chetane/Mathato Aumane (Partners in Health)
- Chris Collins (Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)
- Kanna (Revanta) Dharmarajah (Frontline AIDS)
- RD Marte (APCASO)
- Rachel Ong (GFAN Asia-Pacific)
- Mike Podmore (STOPAIDS)
- Cecilia Senoo (GFAN Africa)
- Nerima Were (Kenyan Legal & Ethical Issues Network on HIV and AIDS (KELIN))
- Peter Wiessner (Action against AIDS Germany)
- Katy Kydd Wright (ex officio member, GFAN Director)
2021 marks GFAN’s 10th year of operation and the GFAN ISC and the GFAN Secretariat are eager to work together to that GFAN’s members have an advisory role as the GFAN Secretariat works to fulfill the change that we want to see: a world in which all people can access quality health care and services to prevent and treat HIV, tuberculosis and malaria and can exercise their human rights including the right to health.
If you wish to reach the GFAN International Steering Committee, please email email@example.com with GFAN ISC in the subject line.
Members of the GFAN ISC