GFAN was in New York for the 7th Replenishment Pledging Conference, to provide spaces for civil society and community partners in town for the event. We convened to coordinate our engagement with and around the conference, and started preparing for our advocacy after the Replenishment.
The death of Queen Elisabeth II forced a number of world leaders to travel to the UK, and has forced the Global Fund Secretariat to change the date of the Pledging Conference at the last minute - it took place on the afternoon of September 21st instead of September 19th as originally planned.
GFAN hosted a Civil Society and Community Pre-Meeting on the afternoon of September 16th, an all day on September 17th. The meeting was open to GFAN members and allies, and aimed to:
- Get the latest information on pledges and the side and formal events taking place related to the 7th Replenishment
- Prepare responses and collaborative communications for the week and work together to support community and CSO panelists to prepare for their interventions
- Explore on-going issues related to replenishment and resource mobilization for AIDS, TB and malaria such as the Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response initiatives (the FIF, ACT-A transition and the Treaty), plans for key upcoming events such as the World Health Summit in October 2022 and the 2023 TB High-Level Meeting.
Sept 16 - 3 pm to 6 pm
Sept 17 - 9:30 am to 5 pm
Location: UNAIDS NYC Office (801 2nd Ave, 42nd Street New York, NY 10017)
The Pledging Session has had to be reschedule because of the passing of Queen Elisabeth II. It will now take place from 12 noon to 5pm on Wednesday September 21st.
The session will be streamed online; you can watch it by following this link.
We organized a viewing session in UNAIDS NYC Office (801 2nd Ave, 42nd Street New York, NY 10017).
ONLINE - GFAN will be joined by the Global Fund Secretariat and other colleagues to take stock of the pledging conference with an initial debrief – not a full analysis and review of lesson learnt, but a chance to assess from the heat of the moment what took place and where to go from there.
Register to join the call here.
This is a living document that will be updated as we receive more details.
- Communities and NGO Delegations to the Global Fund Board Side Event: 3 to 5pm
- GFAN Pre-Meeting Day 1 - 3 to 6pm - UNAIDS NYC Office (801 2nd Ave, 42nd Street New York, NY 10017) - Open Invitation,
(see details above)
- GFAN Pre-Meeting day 2 - 9:30 am to 5 pm - UNAIDS NYC Office (801 2nd Ave, 42nd Street New York, NY 10017) - Open Invitation
(see details above)
- Friends US/Europe/Japan “The Global Fund’s reach in fragile, crisis settings: Defeating HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria everywhere”: 10 to 11:45 am – Marriott Marquis near Times Square
- BCIU, Roche Diagnostics and Friends of the Global Fight: Panel and reception - 12:30 - 16:00 pm - invitation only
- Global Fund Secretariat High Level Fight for What it Counts campaign event & reception – 2:30-7:30 pm – Gotham Hall – By Invitation (GFS)
- Private Sector Event: 10am - 12pm, invitation only
- Global Public Investment: Ford Foundation, 1 - 3:30 pm
- Global Fund Secretariat and United States Government: Pledging Session for the 7th Replenishment: Afternoon, location to be confirm, invitation only.
- Devex and the Stop TB Partnership: Talking TB: The road to 2030 - 8:30 am ET / 2:30 pm CET; hybrid, more information.
- High level event on ending the COVID-19 pandemic through equitable access to vaccines, tests and treatments
23 September 2022, 15.00-16.30 (EST): more details here.
- GFAN Pledging Conference Debrief call - register here.