The initial consultation phase has aimed to gather input from across the overall Global Fund partnership, including observations and recommendations on the strategic priorities that will directly influence what is funded and the structures, processes and systems that develop and move all grants forward. Civil society and communities’ opportunities to provide feedback have included the following:
- Participating in the Global Fund’s online consultation, structured around several pre-selected topic areas. The Global Fund received more than 300 submissions, of which the majority (60%) were from individuals, organizations or networks from communities and civil society.
- Engaging and consulting with Board delegations from civil society and communities.
- Preparing position papers, advocacy statements and other documentation that have been circulated widely as well as submitted directly to the Global Fund Secretariat in many cases.
- Taking part in consultations organized by regional Community, Rights and Gender (CRG) platforms.
- Participating in the regional Partnership Forums organized by the Secretariat in the first quarter of 2021 as well as the separate civil society ‘pre-meetings’ held a few weeks in advance.