What GFAN has been up to
- During AIDS22, we launched our updated Key and Vulnerable Population paper, that you can find here. This brief follows a different format; longer and targeted more at the Global Fund Secretariat, with grounded, practical recommendations for the implementation of the new strategy.
- We have also released three new briefs:
- We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary – reminisce with us on 10 years of GFAN here.
- Our PPPR FIF Webinar was a great success, you can find it here. And of course you can still find our backgrounder and collection of references on the new fund here.
- We have published the meeting report for our Annual Meeting in Berlin; read it here.
- We heard back from the Minister of International Development of Sweden, Matilda Ernkrans, after our open letter: read her reply here.
- Regrettably, the updates are few and far between; but keep an eye on our pledge tracker for the 7th Replenishment.
- 2022Calendar of Key Dates
- The COVID-19 Advocacy website – where details regarding calls, resources, and campaigns are posted.
- French/English Interpretation on GFAN Calls From now on simultaneous French/English interpretation will be available for all our regular GFAN calls. We hope this can enhance the involvement of Francophone partners during the Replenishment year; help us spread the word!
- All recordings, slides and notes from GFAN calls are posted on our website.
- Added this month: So much! Our webinar on pandemic preparedness, a tour of our resources for the last mile to replenishment, discussions of AIDS22 and updates on the new PPR FIF.
- UPCOMING: Our calls will resume on August 24th, and take place evert week until the pledging conference – it’s the last stretch, and with so few announcements already made, we have to make it count!
- Our former speaker Loyce has made a call to Prime Minister Trudeau to pledge CAD1.2 billion for the 7th Replenishment: you can find the video here, and our share our tweet here.
- On our YouTube channel you can find our most recent speakers video – in both longer and shorter formats.
- Best Practices: Engaging the Speakers Bureau Online
Tweet of the Month
What we’re reading and watching
- Three stories from Aidsmap on findings shared at the AIDS conference: Trans-People are still left out of many countries strategic plans ; Gap in U=U awareness still exist, and have to be addressed by service providers ; Widespread PrEP use does not lead to high Hep C prevalence in MSM
- Devex:Canada gets called out on HIV leadership after poor showing at the AIDS conference
- Aidsmap again – on the shortcomings of the ViiV plans to make their long-term injectable PrEP more affordable.
- Health Policy Watch: People don’t live in siloes; Mental Health and chronic disease need to be integrated in HIV services
COVID-19 & Emerging Diseases
- Think Global Health – Asia Russell and Emily Bass on the new Pandemic Preparedness Fund: “Fix it or Forget it”
- New York Times: We can fight monkeypox without homophobia – and a number of really interesting numbers
- STAT: Progresses on the Pandemic Treaty; but the negotiations need to be more inclusive.