GFAN will attend the 2022 International Aids Conference to amplify civil society and community voices in and around the conference, and rum the drum of the 7th Replenishment to lift barriers and put us back on track to end AIDS as an epidemic by 2030.
What will be doing?
- A GFAN civil society pre-meeting on July 28th
- A GFAN Meeting space near the Palais des Congrès, that you can book for your own meetings during the Conference
- At the Global Village, the GFAN Networking Zone
In our guide, we've highlighted key sessions related to community engagement in Global Health and HIV Science, to the 7th Replenishment and the Global Fund, and emerging topics and issue - as well as our own sessions.
GFAN will be holding an in person pre-meeting ahead of the Montréal AIDS22 Conference, on July 28th from 4:30 to 6:30pm.
What will we do at the pre-meeting?
We will brief participants on our plans and program for the conference, flag specific Global Fund related discussions and events, and coordinate on actions during and around the conference.
Can I come?
Will you be in Montreal on July 28th? Then let us you you are interested and we will send you an invitation; fill up the form here.
We have not confirmed the location yet, but will let you know via-email as soon as possible.
GFAN has booked a meeting space across the street from the Palais des Congrès.
In the space we will be hosting a number of public event (see the full list below), and it can be made available to advocates to host meetings and events during the conference.
Where will the space be located, and how many people can it host?
The GFAN Meeting space will be located in Embassy Suite Montréal, literally across the street from the Palais des Congrès. The room has a maximal capacity of 30 people, and can be set up to host hybrid sessions.
I need a space during the conference, how can I get in touch?
If you're interested in booking the GFAN Meeting space, get in touch with our team by emailing quentin [at] globalfundadvocatesnetwork.org; indicate what day you would like the meeting room for, and a preferred time - we'll let you know if it's available.
The Global Village will be open for 3 days of the conference: on July 30th and 31st, and August 1st, from 10:30am to 6pm.
The GFAN, together with GFAN Africa and GFAN Asia-Pacific, will host a networking zone in a Global Village in booth GVE 077. It is going to be a busy one - we are hosting 15 sessions across the 3 days. You can find the full progamme below, or through this link.
Important notice: The wearing of masks will be required within the conference venue, including the Global Village. The rule will be enforced by GFAN staff on our networking zone, as to keep all visitors safe from the ongoing pandemic.
Some highlights from the programme:
- GFAN sessions on the pandemic prevention, preparedness and response financial intermediary fund (PPPR FIF, find our resource page here) on July 28th and August 1st in the GFAN Meeting Space (details upcoming).
- A townhall with Peter Sands, Executive Director of the Global Fund, on July 30th
- An update on the seventh replenishment by GFAN and the Global Fund Secretariat on July 30th
- The launch event of a GFAN Key and Vulnerable Population brief on July 31st
We hope to see many of you during the conference!