The Italian Agenda will focus on three broad, interconnected pillars of action:
- Tackling health and economic crisis in the short run
- Shaping sustainable, just, inclusive and resilient recovery
- Building a more inclusive global society protecting the most vulnerable (young people, women’s empowerment, universal access to education, precarious workers, small and medium enterprises, redistributing opportunities within countries and decreasing disparities between regions.
- Climate change
- Land degradation
- Biodiversity loss
- Transition towards renewable energy and green recovery, with focus on modern, smart cities (sustainable urbanization, energy efficiency, improved modern mobility)
Digitalization. This implies:
- Making health services more effective and facilitating data sharing to strengthen global pandemic preparedness and response
- Enhancing smart, agile and flexible working models
- Improving the efficiency of energy distribution networks and grids
- Enhancing the reach of educational activities.