GFAN hosts regular conference calls with advocates from around the world. The calls are used for information sharing and joint strategizing on the Global Fund.
Below you will find notes and details from past calls. Recordings may be available for some calls, please contact Tara Hogeterp at Tara@icssupport.org to enquire.
Back to About GFAN
Back to Join GFAN
Notes, recordings and slides from calls regarding the ACT Accelerator can be found here: http://covid19advocacy.org/calls-details-and-notes/
17 November: Presentation on the Global Fund Strategy Development from the Vice Chair of the Strategy Committee & thoughts on Strategy Development and the 44th Global Fund Board meeting from Communities and Civil Society Delegations.
Slides From the Call:
Links Shared on the Call:
- The Global Fund’s Strategy Development Page
- GFAN’s Page on the Global Fund’s Strategy Development (we are looking for your input!
- GFAN’s Page on the 44the Board Meeting of the Global Fund
- The Global Fund’s Board Meeting Page
October 14: Global Fund Strategy Development Process and Results Report
Slides from the Call:
Links Shared on the Call:
- GFAN’s page for the Global Fund Strategy Development: https://www.globalfundadvocatesnetwork.org/global-fund-strategy-development/
- The Global Fund CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for the Partnership Forums (CLOSES NOV 6 2020): Find the Global Fund’s Nominations form here
- The Global Fund Results Report: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/10103/corporate_2020resultsreport_report_en.pdf
- The Global Fund Results Report Media Package: https://spark.adobe.com/page/5zFeI4CJzvH1D/
On June 18th, CSEM and GFAN co-hosted a conversation that was open to all interested civil society and community CSO’s, advocates and activists to share information about the role civil society and community are playing on the Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator.
While most information is still very preliminary, the conversation provided updates on what issues were being discussed in the various “pillars” of the ACT-A: Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Vaccines and the Health System Connector.
Close to 200 people joined the call and discussion points raised included ensuring that there is opportunity from the broader community to feed into conversations in all the pillars and across ACT-A, ensuring that information is shared with global health CSO’s, advocates and activists broadly across many issues (including importantly those communities who are most vulnerable to COVID because of other health challenges) and importantly to ensure that in these conversations, civil society representatives include people living with or recovered from COVID-19 at the centre of the response.
For more information or queries on how to engage in these conversations going forward, please contact Katy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents from the call: