The Global Fund Advocates Network Africa (GFAN Africa) is a continent wide social movement that demands health for all by recruiting, connecting and mobilizing health advocates (individuals and organizations) to communicate the urgent need for a fully funded Global Fund to defeat HIV, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. GFAN Africa also leads civil society and communities in efforts towards advocacy for Governments to increase allocation of domestic resources for health. We seek to maximize impact of investments in health and to save lives.
To achieve our ambitions for sustainable health financing, at GFAN Africa, we elevate and unite communities and civil society’s voices and actions on health advocacy in the Africa region using the ‘right to health’ framework.
Specifically, our objectives are to:
- Support advocacy and resource mobilization: To empower and support GFAN Africa members in developing and implementing advocacy strategies (including working with media) on global health, resource mobilization for the Global Fund and domestic resources.
- Support action: To initiate and support powerful health advocacy actions of GFAN Africa members at national and regional level.
- Movement building: To lead and expand membership of the network that constitutes the global social movement in support of the Global Fund, with increased participation from advocates and affected communities in implementing countries, donor countries and potential new donor countries
- #TheBeatContinues for Increased Domestic Resources for Health to END Malaria
- GFAN Africa Urges Focus on All Life Threatening Diseases Amid COVID-19
- To Defeat COVID-19, Protect Progress against HIV, TB and Malaria, and Save Lives, We Must Unite to Fight
- International Women’s Day 2020 – I am Generation Equality
- Thank You Netherlands
- Domestic Resource Mobilization as a Pathway to Sustainable HIV and Health Financing in Africa
- GFAN Africa Round Table with Peter Sands
- A Thank You from GFAN Africa
- Day of Action for African Governments
- Domestic Resources for Health Key to Achieving Sustainable Health Financing in Africa
- Partnerships with Private Sector Key to Achieving Desired Health Outcomes
- Young Women Must be Empowered to Step Up The Fight
- Visit to Embassy of Japan in Kenya
- Global Fund Day of Action for Netherlands
- Global Fund Day of Action for Finland
- Global Fund Day of Action for CANADA
- WACI Health & GFAN Africa meet with PEPFAR
For more information about GFAN Africa visit: